To contact other Editorial teams:
- To write the Editorial Page Editor: [email protected]
- To report a factual error in a news article: [email protected] All letters asserting factual errors will be forwarded to the appropriate editors.
- To send a letter to a specific Sunday section:
How do I contact a writer for The New York Times?
To report errors regarding our coverage email us at [email protected] or leave a message at 844-NYTNEWS (844-698-6397). To send feedback or story ideas, visit the Reader Center.
How do I submit a story to the New York Times?
To send a letter, e-mail [email protected] To reach the Times editorial board, e-mail [email protected] To reach Op-Docs, e-mail [email protected] To contact The Times about a factual error in an Opinion article or editorial, e-mail [email protected]
How do you write an email to an editor?
Your e-mails are the first thing prospective editors will see—even before your first article—so make them count!
- Prioritize Your Subject.
- Make the Body Work For You.
- Keep it Simple.
- Link to Your Talent.
- Query Emails.
- Strike a Personal Note.
- Stick to One Idea.
- Ensure You Get the Reply You Want.
How do I contact a newspaper editor?
How to find magazine and newspaper editors’ contact details and the email addresses of potential clients
- Look at the masthead. For print magazines, go straight to the masthead.
- Ring the switchboard. Yes, I know.
- Online email finder tools.
- Media alerts.
- Company press releases.
- Phone a friend.
How do you submit an article to a newspaper?
How to Submit a Newspaper Article
- Choose Your News. Editors want stories that engage readers and give them information they can use.
- Aim Your Pitch. Make sure you target your pitch to the right editor.
- Format Your Pitch.
- Polish Your Pitch.
- Research Your Story.
- Write Your Story.
Does New York Times take submissions?
The New York Times accepts opinion articles on any topic. The suggested length is 650 words, but submissions of any length will be considered. We read all submissions promptly and will contact you within 10 business days if we are going to run your piece. We regret that we cannot phone rejections.
How do you get an article published?
How to Publish an Article in a Magazine in 5 Steps
- Choose a topic you’re passionate about. Before you can see your byline in a magazine publication or website, you’ll need to come up with a great article idea.
- Research and write.
- Edit your article.
- Determine which publications to submit to.
- Submit your article.
How do I submit an article to NPR?
Paul Auster reads YOUR submissions for the National Story Project.
- Submission Details. Here’s all you have to do to send your story to Paul Auster: You can e-mail or write to the listed address.
- Send your letters to: The National Story Project.
- Or e-mail them to: [email protected]
How do you send a pitch email?
Here’s how to refine your cold-call email so you’ll get a response
- Know your target audience. Find a good fit for your product and service.
- Work your connections.
- Pitch your story and mission.
- Get to the point fast.
- Write a killer subject line.
- Make sure to follow-up.
- Know what “no” means.
How do you write an email to a research paper author?
Your email should:
- have an informative subject line.
- be concise.
- be formal: Dear Dr. Smith; Sincerely, Your Name.
- not use Mrs. or Ms.
- NOT have slang, abbreviations, or emoticons.
- if applying for an opening: address any qualifications the professor is looking for.
- if asking for a research opportunity:
How is an email written?
Emails, like traditional business letters, need to be clear and concise. Keep your sentences short and to the point. The body of the email should be direct and informative, and it should contain all pertinent information. See our article on writing skills for guidance on communicating clearly in writing.
How do I report something to the news?
If you want to publicly give any news outlet the opportunity to report on something, write a press release. You can send a press release to media outlets or publish it yourself on a business or personal website.
How do I report something anonymously to the news?
There are a lot of ways to do that.
- Send your materials through physical mail.
- Call from a phone number unconnected to you.
- Use Signal for private messaging.
- Before looking into news organizations, consider using the Tor Browser for greater privacy.
- Use a whistleblower submission system.