Example of a Diamante Poem
- Line one: Cat
- Line two: Proud, Assured
- Line three: Stalking, Sleeping, Watching
- Line four: Feral, Tortoiseshell, Calico, Persian
- Line five: Running, Jumping, Playing
- Line six: Soft, Little
- Line seven: Kitten
How do you write a diamond poem?
There are just a few rules to writing a diamante:
- Diamantes are seven lines long.
- The first and last lines have just one word. The second and sixth lines have two words. The third and fifth lines have three words.
- Lines 1, 4, and 7 have nouns. Lines 2 and 6 have adjectives. Lines 3 and 5 have verbs.
How many lines does a diamond poem have?
A diamante has seven lines that describe a person or an object in a special way. If students centre the poem they can see that the diamante takes on the shape of a diamond. The “word” diamante is Italian for diamond.
What is an example of a diamante poem?
Diamante Poems Follow a Specific Formula
As an example, we will use the noun “smile.” Two words that describe a smile are happy and warm. Those words will form the second line in this example. Three verbs that end with “-ing” and describe a smile are: welcoming, inspiring, and soothing.
What is a diamond shaped poem?
A diamante poem, or diamond poem, is a style of poetry that is made up of seven lines. The text forms the shape of a diamond (◊). The form was developed by Iris Tiedt in A New Poetry Form: The Diamante (1969).
What is a bio poem?
A bio poem is a simple poem written about a person, and it follows a predictable pattern. Bio poems generally don’t rhyme, and they can be autobiographical or biographical.
How do you write a 7 line poem?
It means that you give each line a letter i.e. first line is a, second line is b, etc. In this pattern, the first line should rhyme with the third. The second line should rhyme with the fourth and fifth. The sixth and seventh lines should rhyme with each other.
What does Diamante mean in English?
diamante → diamond, baseball field.
How can I write a poem?
11 Rules for Writing Good Poetry
- Read a lot of poetry. If you want to write poetry, start by reading poetry.
- Listen to live poetry recitations.
- Start small.
- Don’t obsess over your first line.
- Embrace tools.
- Enhance the poetic form with literary devices.
- Try telling a story with your poem.
- Express big ideas.
What is a poem with 7 lines called?
A seven–line stanza is known as a ‘septet.
What is an example of a acrostic poem?
An acrostic poem is a poem where the first letter of each line (or the last letter of each line) spells out a specific word. Examples of Acrostic Poem: Sunshine warming my toes, Underwater fun with my friends.
What is a sense poem?
Page 1. | Five Senses Poem. Five Senses poems are six lines long and do not rhyme. This type of poetry uses similes, which compare things using the words “like” or “as”.