Select the Page Layout tab, then click the Columns command. A drop-down menu will appear. Select the number of columns you want to create. The text will format into columns.
How do I split a Word document into two columns?
Highlight the text you wish to split into columns. Select the “Page Layout” tab. Choose “Columns” then select the type of columns you wish to apply. For this to fully work, you must have enough text typed to fill the first column before the text will start filling into the second column.
How do you create columns on a document?
To add columns to a document:
- Select the text you want to format.
- Click the Page Layout tab.
- Click the Columns command. A drop-down menu will appear. Adding columns.
- Select the number of columns you want to insert. The text will then format into columns.
How do I split a Word document into sections?
Divide a Document into Sections
- Place the insertion point where you want the section break.
- Choose the Page Layout tab.
- Click the down-arrow next to the Breaks button. A menu appears.
- Click the type of section break you want. Word inserts the section break.
How do I split a Word document into 4 sections?
To split a page to 4 parts, you can insert a table to deal with the job.
- Place the cursor at left-top of the page, then click Insert > Table, select 2×2 Table.
- The table has been inserted, then drag right-corner of the table to resize it as you need.
- Insert texts into the columns and rows separately.
How do you split a Word document vertically?
How can I split my Word document vertically and duplicate the text on both halves?
- Select & copy the existing text.
- On the Layout tab of the Ribbon in the Text Layout group click the Columns button, select Two.
- Click at the very bottom of the existing text.
- On the Layout tab, Page Setup group click Break, select Column.